Definition of Safeguarding Policy:
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015) defines safeguarding and promoting welfare as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances
- This policy should be read in conjunction with Ealing Street Dance Academy policies related to Safeguarding (‘Anti – Bullying Behaviour,’ Attendance, ICT etc.), whose objectives are to effectively embed a culture where safeguarding is actively promoted.
- Ealing Street Dance Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share that commitment.
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
- Ms Ruth Kestenbaum
If the Designated Safeguarding Lead is unavailable, his/her duties will be carried out by the other Designated Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
Designated Deputy Safeguarding Lead:
- Mrs Danielle Thompson